- I've officially decided that sunrises and sunsets are so much prettier when they're above water. (I'll have pictures up later)
- Every junior higher just wants someone who can make them look less dumb-hence, our silly leaders. The kids are looking for friends at this time when they feel so alone, and leaders have great potential to be a huge part of their lives.
- In John 4: 7-21, the word "love" is used twenty-seven times. It's a constant reminder of the true love God has given us and the kind of love we should be giving to others.
- Photography is my favorite type of worship. I never really considered it a kind of worship until I realized that I was using one of my talents, or platforms, for His glory. I had the camera in my hands at all times, and over 900 pics were taken by just myself.
- Junior High worship gives me goosebumps when the band doesn't play or sing. It's amazing and puts a huge smile on my face.
- Some kids are dealing with some super intense things-things I hope I never have to deal with. And it hurts to feel helpless for them.
- No matter how much time and effort and overall stress that is put into camp, the result takes it all away and you realize how much it was all worth it. It's truly wonderful.
- Terry Bley really does have crazy powers. He made me cry just by staring into my eyes. Our relationship will never be the same.
- You can't compare or try to repeat a previous memory with different people. It doesn't work. New memories get created, and that's all we can do.
- There will be friend and boy drama wherever you go with junior highers. I stayed up all night listening to the lastest boy updates. Crazy stuff.
- I'm a huge role model for these kids. There wasn't a place where I went where kids weren't screaming my name or talking to me. I need to continue to live a life that shows my strong walk with God so they can reflect that.
- Emergencies happen. Accidents happen. We were fortunate to have both, of course. But we had an amazing nurse who was there to assist every second.
- Lastly, these kids are an absolute inspiration to me. I watch them worship, pray, laugh, have fun, cry, and be silly and I am amazed every second. They are more than "just junior highers" as Terry and Chris reiterated. They're going to awesome things one day and I can't wait to watch it.
**Pics will be up soon. Like I said, I only took about 900, so it could be awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment