7.24.2009

The Elkhart County 4-H Fair

Every year, I have my traditional places and events that I try to visit. Tonight, I was able to accomplish most of the things on my list.

  • Wheat Pretzel with Cream Cheese from the Pretzel Wagon-sounds kinda gross, but it's amazingly delicious!! I can't remember when I first had this wonderful taste on my lips oh so long ago, but it totally changed my...days at the fair. :)
  • Vanilla Blended Coffee from Teakwood Coffee Bar-I almost feel obligated to visit here every year because it was my very first job, and now I'm working at their competition. I never liked coffee; in fact, I still don't. But this particular drink, which my co-worker and I used to add flavors to, just brings such joy and coolness to my body. I love it. It's basically frozen vanilla milk. Not strong coffee at all.
  • Arts & Crafts Building-my favorite place at the fair! I used to have crafts in that building when I was younger. I always got a blue ribbon too! Everytime I visit the fair, I have to stop at this building to see the cakes, photography, scrapbooking, and amazing art peices. I'd still be in 4-H if I could, no doubt!
  • Commercial Building-alright, so this one has become increasingly more and more boring as I've gotten older, but I still enjoy going through and picking up a few pieces of candy here and there :)
  • And I saved the BEST for last---Dairy Barn Twist Ice Cream :) I don't think I need to explain this one. It's perfection in a little cup. Hits the spot every time. Beats out all ice cream places by a million. I love it!! (plus, it's one of the cheapest things at the fair, which is a HUGE bonus!)

What's your favorite part of the fair?

No comments: