So, I discovered something today while at work...
Scenario:
Two customers come up to the counter, a woman probably high twenties/low thirties, and also a young girl about eight or nine who, I believe was her daughter.
Like I'm supposed to, I say: "Hi, welcome to Starbucks! What can we get for you today?"
After a few seconds, I take into consideration the quizzical look upon the girl's face and I offer to help her out. I ask: "Would you like a cold or hot drink this evening?"
She replies with a very unexpected answer: "I think I want a gingerbread latte, but with not that much espresso in it, but to the point where it still tastes good."
I am shocked. Eight years old? Asking for a specific drink and naming its specific ingredients? Not to mention the fact that its ESPRESSO!? Now don't get me wrong, but when I was eight years old, I knew coffee drinks as: "Those drinks with the yucky taste." Not until I began working at a coffeeshop when I turned fifteen did I even know what was in a latte, let alone the fact that it was espresso that gave it its 'punch'.
Anyways, I continued on and asked the mother what she would like.
To my surprise, again, I was given the response: "Yeah, I'd like a small hot chocolate please, with extra whipped cream."
.....Role switching? I think not. Our world is passing by me so quickly. Where have I been?!
1 comment:
megggggaaaannnn on blogger? awesome. i'm adding you to my list of blogs to read.
also, i enjoyed this story a lot.
Post a Comment