In the past couple of weeks, I have found myself to be at a very low point. The overload of papers for school, hours for work, drama with friends and family, and serious health issues have made me so consumed with thoughts of getting away and just wanting to be done with it all. Yeah, summer break is in a few weeks, but I have felt that a much needed break was in order after the weeks that I have been going through. One after the other, problems came into my life. And when we are so overwhelmed with stress and overall, life, we either try to block everything out and ignore it, or we make it a bigger deal than it has to be and we forget about everyone else around us. Well, wouldn't you know that a few seventh and eighth grade kids would open my eyes as to how I've been acting lately.
These past two weeks I've been so focused on MY problems, MY issues, MY drama, and MY life. And in the mean time, other people are going through the same things, junior highers for instance. And what type of leader am I if I don't help them through it? Perhaps in return, they will end up helping me unintentially. Who knows? But I can't continue going through all of this alone, it's way too hard. So, I know how those junior highers feel when they talk about cancer scares in their families, or a loss of really close friends, or problems in their families. It's really hard to combine all of these issues and put them into one life. But sometimes, that's the way it has to be for us to learn through it. I know things will get better, but nobody thinks about that when they are at the lowest of lows. It's too hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment