1.21.2008

True Love :)

I absolutely love my job! LOVE it!

I love our usuals. The people that come in around the same time everyday and order the exact same thing all the time. So predictable! Sometimes they like to change it up, but there are those who stick with their regular drinks. I love learning about our customers, about their families, their jobs, their worries, their praises, their hardships, their celebrations, their pasts, their futures, and everything in between. I love when customers look at our nametags and immediately treat us like they've known us forever just because they know our name. I love that feeling of being treated like more than "someone who's getting paid to do their job". I love it when people ask for recommendations or help because they have never seen or heard of Starbucks before. I love helping them. I love seeing the look on their face when they first taste their delicious cup of coffee, or mocha, or latte, or whatever else. I love the connection we have with the employees working around us. I love waving at all my fellow Martin's employees on my way from the breakroom to Starbucks. Being so close to the deli and bakery, we all know each other pretty well. And they are a fantastic bunch of people to work with. And being so tight-knit allows us to get free samples too :)

I love my fellow Starbucks girls. We all have more in common than just a green apron and a barista title. I don't think there's anyone there that would willingly leave and go elsewhere. We all realize that we are so fortunate to have the employer that we do, the business that we have, and the community that we are supported by.

I don't think there is any place like Starbucks. I love it.